* Chavez Jr looked like a man possessed. Once we get this drug testing out of the way for the fighters we should be….. Where is Chavez Jr urine at? Oh there is none? Again? Texxxxxaaaaaasssss!
* If I am Sergio Martinez I am channeling my inner Machida and asking for some god damn urine. Chris will probably not give JCC Jr a great chance in dethroning the metro-sexual one, but I on the other hand feel as though with his chin, body punching, and lack of urine, JCC jr will be a real tough test for Sergio Martinez. Now if Sergio somehow manage to take away that lack of urine part then it’s a blowout.
* Is it me or should Emanuel Steward have given better advice to Andy Lee than ‘box his ass’?
* Score cards had Andy Lee ahead at the time of the stoppage. Not shocking but surprising, I had bearded Luis Miguel ahead 4-2 but I can see it being the other way around since some of the early rounds could have went to Andy due to his high activity level. I am just surprised that in a state where it’s okay to not give urine for a mandatory drug test if your last name is Chavez, the judges gave Andy Lee that much credit during the fight.
* Victor Ortiz vs Saul Alvarez, why all the excitement about this match up? It basically another blown up welterweight for the much larger Canelo. Victor has just two fights in the lower welterweight division, one in which he went life or death with Berto and another in which he got knocked out by the pound for pound the best fighter in the world Floyd Mayweather. And while it did happen 3 years ago, Victor is still the fighter who couldn’t take the pressure from Maidana at 140lbs yet he is going to challenge much larger and more technically sound Canelo at 154? On PPV no less? Color me not impressed, but I would much prefer the Kirkland fight for Saul than Ortiz.